Besides having awesome nicknames like “Rooster Sauce” and oh dear god help me “Cock Sauce”, Sriracha has awesome flavor too. The flavor is a mix of chilis, sweet, and hot, not red peppery and vinegar-y like TABASCO®. (Oh, and it’s called cock sauce because of the picture on the bottle you perv.)
It’s not hot-hot but it has a lingering heat to it. Of course heat on the tongue is relative. “Not hot” to me could be like the seventh circle of hell to you. You should probably just go buy some cause it’s like $4 or less and lasts forever I think. If you hate it just bring it in to your office and put it in the common fridge next to the jar of Trappist Preserves that has the name of someone who hasn’t worked there in 4 years on it.
Here’s a short list of stuff you can make more awesome with Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce:
- Sriracha Buffalo Chicken Wings. That’s right, I said it, drag a bottle of this to the Buffalo Bills home games and pwn those wings.
- Sriracha mayonnaise. Yeah, mix it into a little mayo and give your little roast beef sandwich a kick in the arse.
- Sriracha eggs. You could sub it out for green Tabasco on my world famous one-pan eggs.
- Sriracha infused ketchup. Spice up that burger. Better yet, scrap the ketchup (or catsup for you freaks) and only use Sriracha.
- Sriracha pizza. Do I have to keep putting these descriptions? Isn’t Sriracha pizza self-explanatory?
- Sriracha Mac ‘n Cheese. OK, this is getting stupid, just try it on each thing you eat.
Oh hell, just put it on everything.
I think The Oatmeal sums up my feelings.
Now if they would just PLEASE let me redo their website for them. I’d consider doing it in trade for a lifetime supply of sauces.
Any other ideas for my Sriracha?