Evert think, “Hmmm, did we close the garage door”? I have. But with the myQ® Smart Garage Hub I can open / close / check the status of my garage door from anywhere. TOIT!
The myQ® Smart Garage Hub (~$80) is an awesome addition to my technology arsenal and I was able to check off one more item in my house that I can control with my phone.
Also, now I don’t have to get out of my warm snuggly bed to see if I remembered to close the garage when I locked up for the night.
Before you can connect a MyQ Smart Garage Hub to your home network, you’ll need:
- A compatible garage door opener (List of compatible garage door openers for MyQ Garage and MyQ Smart Garage Hub)
- A smart phone or tablet
- 2.4 home Wi-Fi network
- A strong Wi-Fi signal in the garage
- Your Wi-Fi network name and the password
Install was simple and took about 15 minutes. No joke. There’s really not anything to show. What am I going to show? Me standing on a ladder with a screw gun? You know what mounting a bracket looks like. You know what plugging something into an electrical outlet looks like. That’s really it.
All you need to do is:
- Put a sensor on your garage door
- Mount the Wi-Fi hub on the ceiling near your garage door unit (make sure you have at least 2 bars of signal)
- Download/install the app on your mobile device
- Follow the instructions in the app to sync the hub to your unit
- Full instructions here
The myQ® Smart Garage Hub works with most home integration products. Click for a full list.
Let me recap. It works well. I found the physical installation to be easy and straight-forward. If we’re being nit-picky I’d say that linking the app to the hub was only a tiny bit cumbersome. Instead of like 2 taps on my screen it was like 4 taps. Make sure you follow the instructions and don’t just go all “I don’t need instructions to connect the app” like I did.
BUY IT: myQ® Smart Garage Hub (~$80).
If you have any questions leave them in the comments and we’ll answer them or point you to a person who can.